Greater Seattle Drop-in Pickleball Calendar
Snow Closure Information
- South Bellevue: Call (425) 452-4240 before traveling to the South Bellevue Community Center to ensure the facility is open.
- Mercer Island: Call the Mercer Island Community and Events Center Gym Hotline at (206) 275-7892, or the front desk at (206) 275-7609, "0" option.
- Seattle: Hopefully snow closure information will be posted on the Seattle Parks blog or their Twitter feed.
- Everywhere: Click on a facility name in the calendar below to get its phone number. Call and ask.
The Seattle Park District Oversight Committee chair is listening. Will you speak up?
Kelly McCaffrey, a member of the Seattle Board of Park Commissioners and the chair of the Seattle Park District Oversight Committee is visiting some Seattle Community Centers to chat with pickleball players.
Don't you wish you could talk to her about your enthusiasm for the sport and the pickleball community? Don't you wish you could tell her how pickleball is affecting your life? Don't you wish you could tell her how the Seattle Parks and Recreation Department could better support pickleball players? Don't you wish you could tell her that the number of pickleball players is increasing by 15% every year and the Parks department should plan accordingly? Don't you wish you could tell her about your yearning for dedicated indoor and outdoor pickleball courts, and about your dreams for a state of the art pickleball complex?
If so, send her an email care of Shanyanika McElroy (email@example.com) asking Shanyanika McElroy to forward it to Kelly McCaffrey. Keep in mind that Kelly McCaffrey is not (yet) a pickleball player and she does not (yet) know much about Seattle pickleball. Most of all, remember to be nice!
Introducing Playtime Scheduler
Time for pickleball tells you where and when regular drop-in pickleball games are happening. It's pretty good at what it does, but there is a lot it doesn't do.
Playtime Scheduler makes it easy to organize one-off games. For the last two years it has been in use around Sacramento where 900 registered users post an average of 45 pickleball sessions a week. It is now finally available in the Greater Seattle area.
At the end of January, over 50 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined and a few play sessions had already been successfully organized. I expect that well over a 100 players will have joined by the end of February. The more people join, the easier it will be to organize games.
Here is how it works. First, you have to register:
- Go to the Playtime Scheduler web site.
- Click the Register button.
- Select Greater Seattle Area, WA as your region.
- Fill in your information. including your zip code and skill level.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, make it suit your needs:
- Click on the My Account button.
- Click on Email Preferences.
- Tell the system when you are available to play pickleball and how far from home you are willing to travel.
That's it. You are now ready to join an existing session or create your own session and invite people to join. When someone creates a new session that fits your availability, your travel zone, and your skill level, you will receive an email.
If you have any question, please email infotimeforpickleball.com.
See you on the courts!
Recent Schedule Changes
- There will be no pickleball at the Ballard Community Center on February 19th (Thanks Susan!)
- There will be no pickleball at the Mercer Island Community Center on February 18, 20, 22 and March 6. Note that there will be pickleball on February 13 after all. (Thanks, Conrad!)
- Weekend play on the outdoor courts at Green Lake is getting very busy and it's only mid-January. The crowd is expected to get much bigger. A group of players have decided to branch out to Shoreview Park in Shoreline on Saturday and Sundaymornings from 9 am to 1 pm regularly. There are 6 newly lined courts there. If you have a net, please bring it as there are no nets on-site.
- The Yesler Community Center will be closed February 16 to 24 for floor refinishing.
- Pickleball Station is organizing the Kent Open tournament during all February weekends. This will preempt drop-in play.
- On Mondays at Delridge, pickleball needs to be done by 11:30 sharp to allow the staff to setup for the next activity. (Thanks, Sandy!)
- Wednesday evening pickleball at the Ballard Community Center now starts at 7:00 p.m. (Thanks, Cynthia!) Starting time will go back to 6:30 p.m. on March 27th after the youth basketball season ends. (Thanks, Jayson Powell!)
Saturday play at the SeaTac Community Center now starts at 8:30 a.m.
Play only happens if the gym has not been rented. Call to confirm before you go. (Thanks, Tom!)
- The semi=permanent pickleball net on the Miller Playfield outdoor pickleball and tennis courts in Seattle's Capitol Hill is now ready to use (Thanks, Frank!)
- Saturday morning pickleball at the Bellevue YMCA has been moved to Sundays through March 9 due to youth basketball (Thanks, Mr. Faizal!)
- Pickleball at Mercer Island is still taking place on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Play starts on 3 courts and now extends to 6 courts at 10:45 a.m. (used to be noon). (Thanks, Bree and Conrad!)
- Monday and Friday morning pickleball at Miller is now starting an hour earlier. (Thanks Ken!)
- Monday pickleball at High Point Community Center now starts at 9:30 am, half an hour earlier. (Thanks Sandy!)
See something? Say something!Many thanks to all the players and staff members who let us know about schedule changes.
Please email schedule change information to infotimeforpickleball.com.
Since most facilities state that "Programs, hours, and fees are subject to change without notice", the information included here cannot be guaranteed to be accurate. Call play locations within 48 hours of play to verify daily schedule. Make sure the location is open when you call. Pray that the person answering the phone is aware of the latest schedule changes and gives you accurate information.
Click on a time below to see the original document that listed that specific time.
Click on a location name for more details about that particular location, such as address, phone number, number of courts, etc....