Greater Seattle Drop-in Pickleball Calendar
The Seattle Parks and Recreation department is asking again on Facebook what kind of amenities, features, programs, or events do YOU want to see at your parks, fields, play areas, community centers, pools, etc. in the next 10 -12 years? If you work, live or play in Seattle, this survey is for you.
Let's make sure that pickleball is well represented in the answers. A lot of you have already done something like this, but it is important that you do it again. "The squeaky wheel gets the pickleball courts" as the saying goes.
If you have a Facebook account, follow this link to:
- say you would like a lot more indoor and outdoor pickleball,
- say why you would like a lot more indoor and outdoor pickleball,
- "like" the other comments that advocate for more pickleball.
If you don’t have a Facebook account, ask a friend to leave a comment in your name.
The city of Kirkland is hiring a pickleball instructorSee https://apply.govjobstoday.com/JobAnnouncement.aspx?jid=9836 for more details.
Playtime Scheduler Update
Time for pickleball tells you where and when regular drop-in pickleball games are happening. It's pretty good at what it does, but there is a lot it doesn't do.
Playtime Scheduler makes it easy to organize one-off games.
At the beginning of June, over 200 players from the Greater Seattle area had already joined and a few play sessions had already been successfully organized. The more people join, the easier it will be to organize games.
Here is how it works. First, you have to register:
- Go to the Playtime Scheduler web site.
- Click the Register button.
- Select Greater Seattle Area, WA as your region.
- Fill in your information. including your zip code and skill level.
- Click on the Register button.
Now, make it suit your needs:
- Click on the My Account button.
- Click on Email Preferences.
- Tell the system when you are available to play pickleball and how far from home you are willing to travel.
That's it. You are now ready to join an existing session or create your own session and invite people to join. When someone creates a new session that fits your availability, your travel zone, and your skill level, you will receive an email.
If you have any question, please email infotimeforpickleball.com.
See you on the courts!
Recent Schedule Changes
- No play at Mercer Island from August 12 to 16 and August 26 to 30 due to cheerleader camps. (Thanks, Conrad!)
Next week, July 15-19, there will be no pickleball
at Ravenna. (Thanks, Eileen, Dan and Joni!)
The Laurelhurst Day Camps have to be held at Ravenna due to maintenance schedule issues at Laurelhurst.
- Effective immediately, Yesler pickleball has been canceled for the summer. (Thanks, Jessica!)
- Tuesday pickleball at Loyal Heights resumed on July 2nd, but is going from 9:30 to 11:30 instead of 10 to 1:30 as previously announced. (Thanks, Lynne!)
- Starting Thursday July 11, Thursday evening pickleball at Bitter Lake will go from 5:45pm to 7:45pm (Thanks, Cynthia!)
Effective immediately, Van Asselt pickleball will take place
on Wednesdays and Fridays from
11am to 1pm10am to noon. (Thanks, Art and Anne!)
- The Federal Way Community Center has switched to its summer schedule with pickleball on 4 courts from 7:00 to 9:00 and then on 1 court from 9:00 to noon. (Thanks, Tom!)
- Correction: Ballard pickleball ended June 20. (Thanks, Susan and Lynne!)
- New: Outdoor pickleball on the tennis courts by the Miller Community Center, every M/W/F morning. (Thanks, Joni & Ken!)
- Friday play at the Loyal Heights Community Center goes from 10:30 to 2:30 now until September. (Thanks, Susan!)
- Monday and Wednesday pickleball at SeaTac ended (Thanks, Tom!)
- New: Monday, Wednesday and Thursday morning outdoor pickleball at Green Lake. (Thanks, Theresa and Victoria!)
- Starting June 24th, Mercer Island pickleball will go from 3 to 6 courts at 11:15 instead of 10:45.
- Magnolia pickleball ended June 17. (Thanks, Susan!)
- Meadowbrook pickleball ended June 27. (Thanks, Jan!)
- The Woodinville Sports Club Saturday and Sunday pickleball times have changed slightly.
- Thanks to Sam's persistence, Saturday play at the Magnuson Community Center gym will start again on July 13th.
- Pickleball stops at the South Bellevue Community Center from June 24 until September
- There will be no pickleball at the Meadowbrook, Miller, or Queen Anne Community Centers this summer.
- There will be Wednesday evening pickleball at Magnuson during the summer.
See something? Say something!Many thanks to all the players and staff members who let us know about schedule changes.
Please email schedule change information to infotimeforpickleball.com.
Since most facilities state that "Programs, hours, and fees are subject to change without notice", the information included here cannot be guaranteed to be accurate. Call play locations within 48 hours of play to verify daily schedule. Make sure the location is open when you call. Pray that the person answering the phone is aware of the latest schedule changes and gives you accurate information.
Click on a time below to see the original document that listed that specific time.
Click on a location name for more details about that particular location, such as address, phone number, number of courts, etc....